The so-called “SEO game” (i.e. search engine optimisation) has long been described as a rapid-changing environment where almost everything continues to transform at a frenzied pace. Given this, the best SEO strategy of yesterday might not be the best anymore today. In fact, some practices and techniques that have optimized sites before could now damage the overall online visibility of sites given today’s SEO environment. For instance, the use of meta-keyword tags, and the practice of article syndication have worked like a charm before, but these same tactics are among the most avoided today.
It would be wise to consider integrating the below practices and techniques into your search engine marketing campaign in order to continuously drive traffic to your site.
Content Creation: Quality Still Matters
As always, Google ranks content, not the companies. So, you need to build your SEO strategy accordingly. Basically, when a user conducts a search on a search engine, they are actually searching for a quality answer to a specific query, and Google wants to provide them with nothing but the most relevant (if not the best) answer possible.
Needless to say, the more detailed the answer is not always the most useful for the reader. Sometimes they just want a quick answer to a question and do not want to crawl through hundreds of lines of text to find it.
In order to make sure that these quality answers can be easily searched by more users, Google will then rank the sites containing these contents better in their SERPs. This may appear plain, but the logic behind the relationship between quality content and a search engine is really this simple.
Content Promotion: A Mix of Conventional Methods and the Use of Social Media
The content you create will remain as mere content if you don’t promote it. You will need to take the necessary measures in order to get more exposure for your content. In today’s SEO environment, the best SEO strategy to effectively promote your content is through the following:
- Link Building is the Obvious one. One of the most difficult SEO strategies is link building. It offers the best results, but it must be done correctly. the best way is to create content that people want to link to. That is what Google wants. And the best way to get Google to rank your website is to do what they want.
- Social Media – Certainly, the best things in life are those that are free. Make the most of free yet very popular and influential social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others to extend the reach of your content. In order to increase your content’s impact, it is highly advisable to encourage social interaction such as commenting, sharing, and other forms of social participation.
- Paid Advertising – If you have the budget, there are lots of different paid advertising options that can be used to promote your content. The famous ones include Facebook ads, paid search, LinkedIn, and promoted tweets. What’s more, is that firms that provide paid advertising and search engine marketing and optimization services usually offer these services at affordable prices.
- Outreach – Another efficient content promotion method is through reaching out to prominent sites and/or influential blogs through your content offerings. If you do not know which sites these are, you could always use blog directories as your initial reference.
- Public Relations – Although the outreach method could be a highly effective system, the good old general public publication, and public relation placements in trade, are still a good way to promote not only your content but also your brand.
This method is indeed significant since it can step up your return on investment in SEO while allowing you to have a more cost-effective traffic conversion than merely drawing in more visitors. In detail, conversion optimization would not only pull in more site visitors but would also take advantage of your existing traffic by making visitors consider the desired action as soon as they arrive.
Google is by far the most popular search engine today and they are changing their algorithm many times every year. Given this rate, it is not actually surprising that the best SEO practices and techniques are also changing from time to time.
Although it is hard to anticipate what Google’s adjustments will be in the future, the above-mentioned SEO methods are still very effective so far this year. If you need professional assistance, do not hesitate to contact us today.